Wednesday, August 22, 2012

money matters



Just recently, I was so bothered about how low my so-called incentives was. I mean it is so low that it was demoralising. It did not inspire me at all. 
  I was sour the whole week. So sour that I could taste it in my mouth. 
  So I spoke to my bosses, and I did get my explanation, finally. It was not so great explanation (thanks to Income Revenue Board), but at least I got my questions answered.
  Still, I shared my disappointment with my colleagues. Still sour.
  Until one day.
  It was Raya eve. And I was just leaving the office. Upon reaching the ground floor, I saw the office security guard. I call him 'pak cik".
  I was shocked to see him still working. He is a Muslim and was still working on the eve of Raya, while many had packed up to join their family members back home. So out of curiosity, I asked him if he is not joining his family back home in Keningau for Raya. He told me that he would be going home the next day (which was on the first day of Raya). He said his wife and children had taken the morning bus to Keningau.
  So, again I asked, why? Is it because his leave was not approved?
  He said he had decided to stay back for the bonus. I said well, ya, why not, for that extra $$$, I would work. Then he told me the amount: RM50. 


  And I thought to myself, there I was complaining and being sour for that small amount incentive, and there is this one guy who is willing to sacrifice his precious time with his family for that extra RM50. 
  It goes to show that we have so many things to be thankful for.
  We are just spoiled with our own greed. We are selfish. After all, we are human.
  To me, it was an eye opener. I believe his sacrifice was all worth it.
  

2 comments:

Unknown said...

This is an excellent Post and I have never come across such mindblowing ideas. Thanks for focusing on the topic in a great way.
Bodyguard Services

Sandra's Corner said...

hi John Clark

Thanks for reading. It was just too good not to share. Keep in touch :-).

thanks for your time ...

my mother once told me i was named by my uncle. when i was in my primary years, i remember begging my name be changed
to 'Cindy' (after Cindy Lauper - i don't know, somehow "Girls Just Wanna Have Fun" was just too good to be ignored...geez),
anyways, thank God she didn't, because today, i so love my name.
thanks mummy and daddy for 'creating' me :-).