Tuesday, March 1, 2011

when you know the joke's on you

Sometimes, being nice is not good enough.

You may be the best of friends, the person one can count on, the person who is ever-willing to drop everything for the sake of friendship, the one who do not mind to look silly for someone you care ... and yet, you'll be the one who will end up in tears, heartache and alone.

Life is not fair. It ain't fair at all. But you put up a disguise and say everything is okay when you can actually hear your heart breaking inside. Your brain wants you to share your feelings but the heart says 'NO!'. So you bite your tongue and say that you're "ok", shedding truth to the saying "some things are better left unsaid".

So, continue putting your head up high and take a deep breath. Try hard and hide the pain from your eyes, go fake a smile, in time, you'll be the master of all disguises. You know that you can now lie to the world.

No comments:

thanks for your time ...

my mother once told me i was named by my uncle. when i was in my primary years, i remember begging my name be changed
to 'Cindy' (after Cindy Lauper - i don't know, somehow "Girls Just Wanna Have Fun" was just too good to be ignored...geez),
anyways, thank God she didn't, because today, i so love my name.
thanks mummy and daddy for 'creating' me :-).