Wednesday, July 27, 2011

when one has good eyes...


And so I came across with this article today, and it made me wonder about many things.
  The article is about the Terengganu  Turtle Sanctuary Advisory Board's (TTSAB) statement, denying that the turtle eggs sold at their market are collected locally.
  I quote TTSAB chairman Datuk Mazlan Ngah's statement that: "I don't see any Terengganu turtle eggs being sold openly in the markets, but if they are being sold secretly, then I would not know." That was his statement to Bernama on Tuesday.
  He claimed that the turtle eggs came from Sabah, Sarawak and the Philippines.
  Something is not right here. Turtles are protected species, and that include its eggs. How can such protected items, which is prohibited from being sold or exported, are found elsewhere, as claimed by Datuk Mazlan Ngah.
  Which brings into question our enforcement and security at the gateways. Is it that easy to 'smuggle' out turtle eggs from Sabah to Terengganu? How can this happen?
  And, most interesting fact is that how on earth does Datuk Mazlan Ngah knows that 'no Terengganu turtle eggs are sold openly at their market' ... is there any difference to distinguish the Terengganu and Sabah turtle eggs? He must have very good eyes to tell the difference.
  Kudos to Sabah Tourism, Culture and Environment Minister Datuk Masidi Manjun for his statement to demand for evidence from the Board to support their claims that the turtle eggs came from the state.
  He also called for thorough investigation to shed light on how Sabah turtle eggs end up in Terengganu ... well, someone will face the music, they're in big trouble!

  For more details on the article, click here

No comments:

thanks for your time ...

my mother once told me i was named by my uncle. when i was in my primary years, i remember begging my name be changed
to 'Cindy' (after Cindy Lauper - i don't know, somehow "Girls Just Wanna Have Fun" was just too good to be ignored...geez),
anyways, thank God she didn't, because today, i so love my name.
thanks mummy and daddy for 'creating' me :-).