Friday, August 19, 2011

it is time...

There are times when we look back and think what we've achieved, what we fail to achieve and what we are still hoping to achieve ... all these makes who we are today, what we are today, what we've become.

I always think that I am still learning. The world, after all, is a classroom and at certain point we still need to look back at those days when you were just you.

I'm always thankful to my parents, for teaching me the values of life, for guiding me and help shape me to be who I am today.

 Of course, I should also give thanks to my former teachers, superiors at work, my mentors, my friends ... they played their part to help me to be what I am today.

I've passed on what I gained from my mentors to my fellow colleagues. Its been over a decade now with the journalism line, and I believe it is a learning process everyday, still. There are a lot of things out there that interest us. I just wish I get to share my passion and let my friends see what I see. It is wrong to think that we're in a glamourous line, it's not! We're in this line for a reason. A good reporter can smell a good story. And I believe I've shared with my fellow colleagues how to deal with certain stories. But of course, there is very little we can do and it is always up to the person to absorb what we've shared.

So for the stubborn ones, congratulations, you're on your own ... I give up!

No comments:

thanks for your time ...

my mother once told me i was named by my uncle. when i was in my primary years, i remember begging my name be changed
to 'Cindy' (after Cindy Lauper - i don't know, somehow "Girls Just Wanna Have Fun" was just too good to be ignored...geez),
anyways, thank God she didn't, because today, i so love my name.
thanks mummy and daddy for 'creating' me :-).