Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Maulidur Rasul

Today is the birth of Prophet Muhammad. It is celebrated by Muslim friends all over the world. As we join them in observing this holy day, it brings realisation to many of us how important it is to understand and respect other religion.

Religion is indeed beautiful, regardless what your belief is. Religion teaches us to do good things, to respect one another, to love another. Religion is all about teaching love to humankind, peace and no war. War is evil. But why is there war? Why are people so obsessed with power? There are just too many power greed people out there, it's not difficult to tell who they are. But then, there is just very little we can do. Too little, indeed. They are rich ... very rich, we can only dream to walk in their shoes. But do we really want to be them? Do you think they're happy even with zillions of cash in the bank and power just at their fingertips? I've seen happier poor people. That, to me, is a bliss.

Also religion teaches me to be happy with what I have, to be thankful, to be grateful. I may not be rich, but I have wonderful family and friends that makes me feel rich. I may not be debt-free, but I know I worked hard to get things in order. I may not have stress-free day, but I know I can count on loyal buddies to cheer me up, I have two beautiful nieces that brings smile to my face, that is irreplaceable. All these makes me a rich woman.

So, tell me, what makes you happy? Happy Maulidur Rasul to all ... may it brings us greater health and happiness. Cheers.

2 comments:

abd naddin said...

alhamdulillah. saya gembira dan suka membaca posting ini. damai dan sejahtera untuk kita semua

Sandra's Corner said...

sama-sama, kita mesti hormat menghormati antara satu sama lain, barulah hidup kita bahagia

thanks for your time ...

my mother once told me i was named by my uncle. when i was in my primary years, i remember begging my name be changed
to 'Cindy' (after Cindy Lauper - i don't know, somehow "Girls Just Wanna Have Fun" was just too good to be ignored...geez),
anyways, thank God she didn't, because today, i so love my name.
thanks mummy and daddy for 'creating' me :-).