Saturday, February 12, 2011

will i ever smile again

it's been awhile since i smile at myself. it's been awhile since i smile looking at myself in the mirror. it has been awhile since i feel proud of myself.

someone just woke me up, not from my sleep, but to realise why i should love myself.

i must say, my body has not been pampered for a long long time, it felt ancient since i last had a good massage, and being a plus-size does not help at all. i lost all confidence, insecurity creeps in everytime i take a shower, everytime i try something on, everytime i go out shopping for new cloths. i envy those people who feel comfortable with themselves, size doesn't matter, they just feel good. i just wish i have their guts.

but, of course, i have no one to blame but myself. may be i should learn to love myself more, may be i should listen to my body more, may be i should learn what it needs more, may be i should not be too worried, may be i should not bother what other people think, may be i should learn to be myself more ... all those MAY BEs are killing me, slowly, inside.

this year i hope to make a change, i want me to feel good, i want to learn to love me, i want to make me happy ... i guess it is not that difficult to do.

i'll just take one step at a time, and when it happens, i, may be, will have my smile back.

2 comments:

abd naddin said...

aduii, lama betul tak update blog.selamat menulis

Sandra's Corner said...

ya, ada busy a bit, sampai lupa ada blog, thanks for still following

thanks for your time ...

my mother once told me i was named by my uncle. when i was in my primary years, i remember begging my name be changed
to 'Cindy' (after Cindy Lauper - i don't know, somehow "Girls Just Wanna Have Fun" was just too good to be ignored...geez),
anyways, thank God she didn't, because today, i so love my name.
thanks mummy and daddy for 'creating' me :-).