Sunday, June 26, 2011

Put our differences aside




I have to agree with Daphne Iking ... she has a point. Why do we need to learn to love our neighbours. I may not simply barge into my neighbour's house and asked what they're having for dinner, but at least I know who they are. I get invited for Raya, Deepavali, Chinese New Year, and actually we had an invitation from a neighbour who just moved. It was an invitation to their child's wedding, how surprising was that. Unfortunately, the wedding was near Christmas, and by the time, I left for kampung to join my family for the holidays.

The idea of the 1Malaysia concept is good, but it's funny at the same time. I mean, we keep harping about the issue and the leaders are always reminding us how to live as one big happy family but why are they preaching so hard, why can't they just act as though nothing is wrong, they are pinpointing our weaknesses in public, why? And, with all due respect, the advertisements on our national radio is totally ridiculous!

Honestly, I do not need to be reminded every now and then about how to love my neighbours, how to accept others from different ethnics, I totally think it's all about narrowing the gap between the rich and poor, the rich will have to experience for themselves how hard it is to get to a remote area via road connections,  not take the copper, I mean you want to save time because you're "too busy", who isn't? It doesn't seem fair when sometimes we have to travel in the wee hours to get to the event area, just so that we won't be late for a function, and the VIP just conveniently flies and leaves the same way, while we take the same route and rush to finish our stories.

So, please stop preaching things that you yourself may not be practising. Act, not just talk.


No comments:

thanks for your time ...

my mother once told me i was named by my uncle. when i was in my primary years, i remember begging my name be changed
to 'Cindy' (after Cindy Lauper - i don't know, somehow "Girls Just Wanna Have Fun" was just too good to be ignored...geez),
anyways, thank God she didn't, because today, i so love my name.
thanks mummy and daddy for 'creating' me :-).